Araw ng Kalayaan

                                                The Philippine Independence Day is an annual national holiday celebrated on the 12th day of June to commemorate the declaration of Philippine independence from Spain on the year 1898. In December 1897, the Spanish government and the revolutionaries signed a truce, the Pact of Biak-na-Bato, requiring that the Spanish pay the revolutionaries $MXN800,000 and that Aguinaldo and other leaders go into exile in Hong Kong. Many people are asking, why should we celebrate Independence Day?


                                 Principally in light of the fact that it recognizes the Filipinos announcement of their innate and basic right to opportunity and autonomy (independence from Spanish Colonialization or other unfamiliar Colonialization). Emilio Aguinaldo believed that a declaration of independence would inspire people to fight against the Spaniards, and at the same time lead other nations to recognize the independence of the Philippines. June 12 had been also observed as the "Flag Day" in the Philippines since it was the first time the Philippine flag was officially unfurled or waved (iwinagayway). It brings honor and love for those who spent their lives (heroes) seeking to end the abuses of Spain such as mutilation, gruesome death punishment, raped Filipino women, maltreatment, etc. It gave way to the Philippines for self-government, learning to be more educated and civilized.

                                 And in celebration of the Independence Day, I want to ask myself what is the best the thing I have done for my country? I actually don’t know because at my age, it is impossible to do something big. Then I realized it isn’t important on how big it is. I think the best thing I’ve done for my country is to be proud that I am a Filipino.






Resources:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID-19 Vaccine, Is It Safe?